Boudoir

posted on: July 24, 2007

Boudoir

Just one teaser, courtesy of the bride! There are so many things I love about this image that make it a piece of art I would be proud to hang in my bathroom. From the hexagon tiles, often found in custom homes of the early 1900s, to the exposed radiator echoing the vertical lines in her stockings, which leads your eye up to just a sample of a cute and seemingly nude bottom (though her and I both know that she was covered!) Most of all, I love that it has an overall feel of a classic pin-up photo from the 1950s. I just love black & white for boudoir photos, I feel like it adds a sense of mystery that seems to be lost on color photos. Don't get me wrong, there are times when color is the way to go, but my favorites almost always end up being B&W. ;-)

7 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Anonymous8:55 AM

    very peek-a-boo bum there! Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an apartment in Baltimore and one in Chicago that had bathrooms like that. An awesome backdrop for a great retro feel! Sigh. I love this photo AND the whole concept of the Boudoir stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne...I love Love Love this image! Your right I would so hang this in a bathroom...it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:56 PM

    anne,
    i'm so glad i got to do these pictures with you! not only with my fiance be happy to receive them as a gift (we hope ;)), but in 20 years, i'll be even happier that i have this picture to remind me of what my bum once was. :)

    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, cheeky! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

    Cute, though. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne, this looks just like our first home in midtown memphis. Hex tile and radiators. the pose is intriguing, but i must admit that it is difficult to visualize beauty unless you can see the soul. and the window to the soul is the eyes. But i suppose the purpose of boudoir is to have fun being naughty;} Love ya anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Awesome pic! I will have to book something similar with you in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger