LOVE IT: Laura Barrett

posted on: March 8, 2010



It was Thursday, February 11th, at the Wilbur Theatre in Boston. My husband and I were there to see The Magnetic Fields, but when the opening act came out with a kalimba in hand, we were intrigued. What followed was mix of delightful kalimba virtuosity and fun geeky lyrics. I was instantly drawn into her world and fully captivated. When she announced the title of an instrumental as "Stop Giving Your Children Standardized Tests", I officially declared my love. This quirky Canadian has me hooked, so much that I now must share her talent and fearless individuality with you. If you fall in love with her as I did, you can check out more of her work on iTunes and see her tour schedule on MySpace.

Here's a little interview with Laura Barrett, and what inspires her:

3 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. They were building this part of the Museum when we visited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all done now :)

    I saw Laura Barrett perform live, opening for Royal Wood (check him out -- he's a great singer/songwriter, too!) in Toronto. I totally agree, she's quirky, geeky, and most of all original...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The AGO is all done now :)

    I saw Laura Barrett perform live, opening for Royal Wood (check him out -- he's a great singer/songwriter, too!) in Toronto. I totally agree, she's quirky, geeky, and most of all original...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger