Headshots for Haiti

posted on: February 4, 2010

Headshots for Haiti Poster

This weekend, during Western Ave Open Studios, I'll be volunteering free Headshots for Haiti donations. I'm excited to have a group of Haitian-Americans join me in the studio who are organizing a mission to get back to Haiti in order to help create sustainable aid and infrastructure. They will be available to help answer any questions you might have about their mission and what they'll be doing with the donations.

The following video is from 2008, when four tropical storms ripped through Haiti. They had not seen full recovery before the Earthquake of 2010 destroyed all that they had worked hard to rebuild. They are beautiful and resilient people who simply need more help in creating structures and infrastructures that will keep them safe through acts of mother nature. Things which we take for granted and are protected from in the comfort of our well built homes, on our carefully cultivated land, in between our well constructed roads. Haitians will die before they give up, but there's no need for them to suffer when we have so much to give. Press play to hear some of their stories...

Haitian Hope - The best video clips are here

I don't have much to give- in fact, I probably have fewer assets than most of my readers. However, I can give my time and my talent to help mobilize & equip others, and I can encourage you to do the same.
"No one ever became poor from giving." - Anne Frank.
So, if you or someone you know needs an updated profile photo for facebook, linkedin, twitter, auditions, websites, blogs, online dating, or that secret love letter they'll be writing for Valentine's Day - please pass this info on! While you're in Lowell, you may also want to stick around to enjoy the annual Lowell Winterfest activities like Human Dogsled Racing, Outdoor Ice Skating, Hot Soup Competition, Marshmallow Roasting, Downtown Sleigh Rides, Live Music Tent, and TONS of FREE activities and crafts for families!! This is one of my FAVORITE events in Lowell and I look forward to joining the fun after capturing some great headshots!

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger