Katie & Matt Engagement

posted on: November 13, 2006



These two high school teachers have known each other since 1st grade!!! Katie & Matt have been friends for most of their lives, but they never really dated each other until their senior year of high school after they had already decided to go separate ways for college. Despite leaving their small town for a bigger city and better opportunities, they never grew apart. I think that's just amazing since I hardly lived in the same place for more than 2 years until high school!!



Katie & Matt chose a great lakeshore location in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago, IL where we were able to include shots of the skyline and the beautiful Lake Michigan. I've been shooting a lot of skyline pictures lately, so it's always fun to try something new, like the image above which almost makes it seem like they flow seamlessly into the Chicago skyline. Of course, the windy city lived up to its name that day and it was VERY windy and ch-ch-chilly too!! (Don't worry, I have pictures where Katie's hair is under control, but I just had to give you a sense of what we were dealing with that day!!)



Does the blue toning make it feel as cold as it was?! LOL!!

Even though they're teachers now, don't they still look like they have that teenage romance thing going on?! I have a feeling there will be a few students out there who will be crushed to know that their favorite teacher is about to get married!






The engagement ring was once grandmother's and is absolutely stunning, this shot hardly does it justice! I wonder if anyone can guess what kind of jeans they're wearing based on the pockets?



I just love this last shot. It totally reminds me of something that would come out of a fun little Diana Camera. Thank you for braving the cold and wind Katie & Matt!! I can't wait for the wedding day!


(For the photographers who visit my blog... this was shot at 1/125, f3.2, at 48mm with the focus set about 2ft in front of me, which I kept the same as they walked away. The post processing was done in ACR with blue saturation in the shadows for the cross-processed look.)

2 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Anonymous11:09 PM

    This is some seriously amazing stuff! Really great shots of this couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I can't take any credit because they're just so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger