We're back!

posted on: October 16, 2006

It was definitely a cold weekend for being out and about in the windy city, but we still managed to have a great time! It's hard for us to go on a vacation without doing something work related, so Friday Alex visited one of his student teachers for an observation, and then I shot an engagement session in Lincoln Park along the lakeshore. Friday night we headed out to the House of Blues restaurant to see if we could catch one of our favorite local Chicago bands called Big James and the Chicago Playboys. The first time we saw them was actually at 5th Avenue in Royal Oak and they were just so awesome we had to see them again. We didn't stay long enough to see them, but the food was still good.


(don't judge me by my terrible point & shoot skills! I couldn't fit my DSLR in my pocket!)

After dinner we headed out to see Second City's WAR which is closing out its fourth year running. It was rrrrrrreallly funny! Tons of political humor, but also some Colbert style truthiness too. My favorite part was the improv.. because it requires an incredibly quick-witted mind. I hear they're coming out with a new show soon, so I'm glad we were able to see the old one before it ended.



Saturday we headed to the theatre district for lunch and a little window shopping. We also happened to run into a Jesse Jackson rally for school funding, and this fun halloween event in Daley plaza.



I couldn't leave without getting a picture in front of the Picasso sculpture!



After lunch at Ronny's, we went to see the new show, Pirate Queen from the makers of Les Mis and Miss Saigon. Right now the show is running in front of audiences to try out different things before hitting broadway. I don't want to be a spoiler, but I think the show still needs some work before it'll get rave reviews. The costumes however, were simply amazing!! The choreography, done in Riverdance style, was also pretty cool. The poster is a little deceiving, suggesting that most of it takes place on water, but actually most if it takes place in Ireland.



Saturday night we headed out to Northwestern University to see Sherrill Milnes share some of his lifelong professional opera career experience. We also had a great dinner at a little cafe in Evanston called Symphony's. Yummmy!!! Sunday we headed back to Terre Haute so I could do another engagement session (in a VERY cool location) and then REST after a long, eventful, and enjoyable weekend!

To my husband... Happy 3rd Anniversary!! I love you more and more with each year we share!!!

1 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Happy anniversary!!!
    You make me homesick for good 'ole Chicago too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger