I heard about this little adventure through Lowell at the last minute and since the starting point was literally next door to me, I decided to check it out and hear a little more about one of Lowell's legends- Jack Kerouac, author and beat poet. The night started with a stop at the home he spent quite a bit of time in while living in Lowell, followed by a walk over the bridge mentioned in Jack's memoirs, with a few stops at his hometown church and favorite hangout - the public library. The evening ended with a set of readings of Jack's work and original work inspired by Jack Kerouac. It was a fantastic evening for a walk and for being immersed in the words of a man who lived fully in each and every day. Here's what the adventure felt like to me (click play to start the show):
Popular Posts
-
When was the last time you actually stepped foot into a public library? Do you even know where your public library is? Public Libraries are...
-
Video above created by the wildly talented Jerk With a Camera !! (Thank you for letting me borrow your awesomeness!!) All week long, for an...
-
Each video is a clue, click play.... Did you figure out my secret message?? Update: My blog stalkers are so smart. ;-) Yes!!! I'm movi...
-
Thank you to everyone who entered for the Indie, Offbeat, Green, DIY Wedding Photography Giveaway !! I loved reading your stories and getti...
-
I've been looking for a more environmentally friendly way to package, protect, and ship my image CD/DVDs for a while now, and I think I...
-
I can't believe it's been five years since Alex and I got married! Where does the time go? I've seen many of my couples go on ...
-
Yesterday the Wedding Photojournalist Association announced it's Q3 Contest Winners and I was excited to see that two of my images plac...
-
"Anne, why aren't you blogging?!" I cringe every time I hear that question right now because I would LOVE to be blogging, but...
-
Thank you again to everyone who helped me find a new look for my neglected head of hair!! It felt a little like I was on a mini-episode of ...
-
Since it's hard to get close to a Koala in the wild, most of these photos are from the Featherdale Wildlife Park between Sydney and t...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment