Washington Club Wedding, DC - Kate & Stephen

posted on: June 15, 2007

Dancing Down the Aisle

Who says that elegant weddings have to be stiff? Not Kate & Stephen!! Even in the midst of all the elegance, the energy was all about having fun and enjoying good company. These world travelers really know how to throw a party and enjoy themselves!! I feel so lucky that they chose me to capture their wedding memories!!

Have I mentioned how much I love getting ready moments?
Looking Glass

High Five

Kate has such a wonderful relationship with her brother, it was obvious how much they care about each other.
Siblings

Ready to go

Veiling

Stepping Out

She only stood in this beautiful light for a split second, and I'm so glad I caught it!
In the Spotlight

A completely candid moment before the ceremony began...
Words of Wisdom

I can't say that I've seen many saxaphone quartets play for wedding ceremonies, but it was the perfect combination for the music that Kate & Stephen chose- especially when they danced down the aisle after their kiss!
Saxy Musician

When Kate told me about her wedding at the The Washington Club, she had mentioned how many mirrors were in the room where they'd have their ceremony and wondered if it would be a big problem. Mirrors? I love mirrors!
Reflections of Love

Kate & Stephen had just a few minutes alone together as man & wife before joining their guests for the cocktail hour.
Moment Alone

New Daughter

Party Pooper

I just love photographing musicians... and I have yet to attend a reception where a live band didn't keep the dance floor alive all night long!
Sax Blues

There's a really cute story behind this picture. The paper doll's name is Jack Flash and the boy was participating in a project where students send their paper people to other students around the world who take pictures of the paper doll in different places and then tell the story behind the picture. It's like pen-pals, but with photographs and a fictional character to help tell the story in third person! How cool!!
Jack Flash

Happy Father's Day!!
Daddy Daughter Dance

Get Down Daddy

A special selection from overseas? ;-)
Cigar

Rumor has it that the building was used as a second home for the White House during a period of major reconstruction.
Washington Club

You go girl!
Come here boy!

The moments before and after the posed shots I'm asked to take are some of my favorite. I absolutely love how this image really shows everyone's personality!! You can just feel how much everyone cares about each other - I can only imagine how much their families miss Kate & Stephen now that they're living in Cambodia!
What really happens

To Kate & Stephen - I'm so grateful that our paths brough us together. I hope these images can help keep your family close at heart even when you're miles apart.

10 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Anne, you really out did yourself here. These are awesome. Great job....LOVE every single black and white. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So for not being able to pick your favorites to blog (because there are too many awesome ones), I think you did a most excellent job! Beautiful as always Anne, I am sure they will cherish them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Anne!! Youre right, nothing stiff about these, looks like they were having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! I love all your pics but these have to be my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:21 PM

    beautiful!

    (found your blog thru OSP)

    beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!! You are such an artist. These are just so spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the mirror shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne these came together perfectly to tell the story through your eyes! They are very Anne, nice job. Not good at editing, yeah, I can tell ;)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, Anne! These are just gorgeous. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work anne! :) love the cigar shot!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger