Baby Avery

posted on: August 27, 2007

Avery - 3 days old

On our way back from Norway on May 7th, we had a short layover in Chicago where I checked my voicemail and found out that my step-sister, Mary had a beautiful baby boy and that I was offically an aunt for the first time! I was so anxious to see him that I left for Michigan shortly after I got into the country so that I could see Avery and his first-time parents!

I had always heard how difficult the first few days were, but wow, experiencing it first-hand was definitely a challenge! No one tells you things like how your feet turn into watermelons. I didn't think it was possible for Mary's feet to get as big as they were but I don't think she could have put on shoes, let alone walk around comfortably! I have to admit that I felt totally helpless and all of the things I had wanted to do to help out, like go grocery shopping, making meals that would last several days, taking pictures of the baby, and giving Mary or Jarod a break... just never seemed to happen because the baby always needed to be attended too. So, finally when there were a few more visitors in the house, I was able to step back and take a few pictures! So here's Avery, only 3 days old!

Step-Grandpa
My dad - Avery's step-grandpa. Avery was fascinated by the light.

Great Grandma
Jarod's Grandma - Avery's great-grandma!

Dad's love
Jarod was so delicate with Avery - making sure that he was always safe and warm.

Dad & Avery
This is definitely my favorite of Jarod in his new role as a daddy.

Sucky face
Hungry!

Teradactyl claws
Avery really couldn't cry yet, he just made these squealing noises that sounded a bit like the noises we associate with pteradactyls in dinasour movies, and when I saw this I though his little fingers looked like little pteradactyl claws. ;-)

The next time I got to visit was a few weeks ago when Avery was 10 weeks old. He looked like a completely different kid with all of his baby blubber on his body!! The first time I visited I didn't get any pictures of Avery & his mom together because she was pretty much naked and really tired the whole time - or he was in someone else's arms when she had her clothes on! ;-) So this time I made sure to get some pictures of baby & mommy together!
Mom & Avery

Feet!
Tootsies!! (Why is it that new words enter our vocabulary when babies are around?!)

Looking around
Mary got back to her skinny shape really quickly!! I couldn't believe how great she looked - she's one hot mamma!

Mommy's kiss

Avery waves back to mommy
Just as we were saying good bye, I noticed Mary's reflection on the car window and asked her to wave to Avery - to my surprise, HE WAVED BACK!! It was so cool I practically screamed and scared the crap out of Mary who thought something bad happened! It was just so cool to see him mimicking her at such an early age! He's definitely going to be one smart kid. ;-)

7 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. AWWWWW! Avery is so cute! I just love these. I can't believe how much he changed between shoots. Congratulations Autie Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:17 AM

    Oh how cute! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow. My little London is now 3 1/2 months old and it seems like she was just born yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is just the sweetest set of pictures! I LOVE the portrait of Avery and his Mom with her GORGEOUS tattoo best! (big surprise there) :D

    Sigh. What is it with babies lately? Making me think weird thoughts... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:30 AM

    so beautifulh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:31 AM

    (sorry I meant "beautiful")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne. What awesome baby shots! You never cease to amaze us bloggies. ^_^

    I'm not sure if you have been 'tagged' before but I am officially 'taging' you. It's a game going around the photography blogs where we choose our fav photographers and you are definately one of mine. Check out my blog (http://heatherjorgensen.blogspot.com) to see how it works. If you have previously tagged, I'm not surprised. ^_^ Oh and my congratulations on your new "auntie" status.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful shots, anne! :) isn't it insane how much they change!?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger