Ira Glass has a way of telling stories that is completely captivating. His series, "This American Life", features completely random and off-beat stories about everyday people that are both intruiging and entertaining. I've long considered him a creative genius, so I'm naturally intruiged by what he has to say about his journey through the creative process. I have to thank Neil Cowley for posting about these videos, it appears as though there are four in total (hopefully they'll stay online), but these two videos are the ones that I feel speak directly to artists, journalists, and the creative process... (click play to watch)
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
I believe your wedding album design should reflect your sense of style just as much as every other choice you make for your wedding day. To...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





I loooooove This American Life!! Well.. Ok.. Mainly just when David Sedaris is on, but still. :)
ReplyDeleteI am a "This American Life" addict!
ReplyDeleteNot a surprise, eh?
Have fun at the ShootQ party on Wed!
Rachel
I LOOOOOOOVE TAL, Ira Glass and all things David Sedaris (I have an autographed book of his that I practically sleep with every night), but these videos are especially powerful. They made me feel good and want to push harder to create and define my craft...thanks, Anne! :)
ReplyDeletelove it.
ReplyDelete