Jennifer & Zach's Wedding

posted on: May 30, 2006



When I first met Jennifer at her apartment, I could instantly see her sources of inspiration. Not only had she already shown me a huge collection of black & white old hollywood inspired images online, but she also had a large collage of George Hurrell style photographs on her dining room wall. The shadows and lighting were so dramatic.. I loved it and decided we HAD to try some for her wedding so that she could replace these old hollywood dames with pictures of her and her new hubby! I just love getting inspiration from my clients because it pushes me to try new and different things every time!



Jennifer & Zach had their wedding ceremony & reception at the lovely Oak Arbor Church in Rochester Hills, MI. The large windows that spill natural light into the sacturary are just beautiful and with an aisle pre-decorated with rose petals and swags of tulle, it was ultra romantic...



As many photographers know, the best lighting happens the hour after sunrise and the hour before sunset. If there's an opportunity to take the couple outside during this time, the results can be stunning.




Zach did one of the most romantic things I've seen a groom do on the wedding day. He gathered up both of the families (and pretty much every guest there) and had them get in a circle around the dance floor while he sang to Jennifer in the middle of the circle. Consequently, everyone else was singing along too and it was just so powerful that I was crying the entire time.... even thinking about it now makes me teary... man, I love weddings. ;-) There are so many more fantastic images I wish I could share here, but it's just easier if you click on any image to view a slideshow set to their first dance song, "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.

6 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. HOLY COWABUNGA BATMAN! Anne, these are INCREDIBLE... That first photo is an inspiration to me. WOWZERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Hi I'm Zach's Mom and MomII to the very beautiful Jen.
    Anne, Clearly you were intended to do the photos for this wedding. May you be happy and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18 PM

    Anne,
    Every wedding gets better and better. The first pic takes my breath away it is so beautiful. Great job with the starlet inspired pics.
    P.S. I like the new copyright watermark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,

    These are beautiful! You captured the love between Jen and Zach and the fondness we all have for them. The joy that was evident all weekend comes through in your photodocumentation of it.

    So...if I ever get hitched, I'd love to get you to come to Tennessee and shoot my shindig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. I've been reading Jen's blog for the past couple of years, and I'm so happy for her. Obviously, besides choosing a wonderful husband, she chose an incredibly talented photographer for her wedding! You've perfectly captured the glamorous, elegant old Hollywood feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. All shots are looking beautiful. But I love the last one shot.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger