June Desktop Image

posted on: June 1, 2006

Every month or so I change my desktop image to a recent photograph I've taken and I thought it would be fun to share these images in my blog so that you can download them for your desktop as well! Every month I'll try to post a new image that is suitable for displaying at desktop size and resolution. Click on an image to download a copy for your desktop.




What do you see when you look at this image? Is it full of imperfections or is it beautiful? What does that say about how you perceive the world?

I love that it's beautiful yet imperfect, fragile yet strong. Life is full of contrasts and often times with the good, we also must accept some bad. However, this also means that the opposite must be true. When we find ourselves in difficult situations, there are still opportunities for hope... we only need to change our perspective on life so that we focus on what is positive rather than what is negative.

Now think about your self image... do you see yourself full of imperfections, or simply beautiful as you are? It's easy to pick ourselves apart, yet we also must make room to recognize how beautiful we naturally are and that our imperfections are part of that beauty. If we treat ourselves with compassion and understanding, than we are more likely to extend that compassion to others which will ultimately create more peace in our lives. I challenge you to think about how you perceive the world around you, how you perceive yourself, and how your perceptions affect the way you interact with others. Take time this month to enjoy the little things that make you happy and bring peace to your life... even if it's something as simple as watching the sunset...

1 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Anne!!
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... i love looking at and reading your work! You're amazing! a total inspiration.. and i am thankful that Chuck and I have had the opportunity to meet you. Jen

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger