Ryan & Sharon - Gloucester Eastern Point Lighthouse Engagement

posted on: November 8, 2010

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

I think it's safe to say that lighthouses are popular spots to get engaged in New England. There's definitely something quite romantic about being out on a point surrounded by the ocean with the sight and sound of waves crashing against the rocks, and the feel of wind in your hair. Gloucester Eastern Point Lighthouse definitely delivers on the dramatic scenery with its very long stone breakwater, perfect for walking on with loved ones. Unlike the Beavertail Lighthouse Engagement I recently did, the sky was almost completely overcast and threatening rain for this session. It even sprinkled a little while we were by the lighthouse, which worried Ryan & Sharon, but knowing that some of the most amazing images can be created with overcast skies I kept shooting and letting them know the results would be amazing. We still had the challenge of working with the wind, but as you know... I love a challenge. ;-) I know I'm completely biased, but I kicked some ass with this engagement session- everything just "clicked!" (I'm so punny!)

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse EngagementGlocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Ryan is an architect, and loved this building, which is also where they'll be having their rehearsal dinner, so I wanted to highlight some of the elements that Ryan loved about the building:
Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Seriously, could they be any cuter?!
Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

There were a few dogs on the beach that day- which is rare for a lot of beaches, but this beach allows dogs during the off season when there aren't swimmers. Isn't he adorable?! Since I couldn't actually take him home with me, I took a photo instead. ;-)
Ryan Sharon Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

It wouldn't be an Anne Ruthmann engagement session if I didn't manage to capture something completely ridiculous. ;-)
Ryan Sharon Engagement

And something incredibly romantic... (this sky was insane- no dodging or burning needed!)
Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

Glocester Lighthouse Engagement

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger