Want a Koala?

posted on: January 28, 2010

Sleeping Koala on Branch

Since it's hard to get close to a Koala in the wild, most of these photos are from the Featherdale Wildlife Park between Sydney and the Blue Mountains in New South Wales, Australia.
Koala Leg & Foot

Koala Eating Eucalyptus

Apparently the Koala's preferred diet of Eucalyptus leaves is what causes them to sleep alot. I think they look cuter and nicer with their eyes closed anyway. ;-)
Sleepy Koala Face

Can you find the wild Koala in the photo below? This was captured at Noosa National Park in Queensland, Australia.
Wild Koala in Trees

If you couldn't see it in the photo above, use this next photo to help you see what kind of place they naturally end up in.
Koalas Sleeping in Branches

At many parks in Australia, you get a chance to "Cuddle a Koala" - so I did! While I found most Australian animals in the wild to be quite tame around people, I still wouldn't attempt this outside of a supervised park, did you see those nails above?
Cuddling a Koala at Featherdale Wildlife Park

On twitter and facebook a lot of people asked me to bring a Koala back from Australia- so I did! Unfortunately it wasn't any of the ones above. However, the Koalas I did bring back require no supply of eucalyptus leaves, tall gum trees for sleeping, or cleaning maintenance. They can cling to your camera strap, keep your pens and pencils safe, or ride everywhere with you on your keychain! To win one of these cute little mini koalas pictured below, just find one of your favorite TwitPic photos from my Australian adventures, copy the link to the photo and paste it in the blog comments below!! That's it! Oh, make sure your name is on your comment too! I'll announce the winners Monday morning in the comments, so be sure to check back then!

Toy Koala Keychains

23 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Awww... I want to hug one so bad. They look soooo adorable! Are they soft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not the softest fur - more coarse and hard. The keychain koalas are definitely softer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that first one is ADORABLE Anne - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU TWO CUDDLING! Ahhhhh cute overload!!!!!

    I already have one of those koalas from a friend that lives there so I'll be good but they're DARN CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://twitpic.com/z73tg

    Very cute! I have always liked Koalas. I actually even did a little school report on Australia back in the 7th grade!

    Hop you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was easy - your wombat picture was definitely my favorite! :)

    http://twitpic.com/yqym8

    I love how happy and satisfied the koalas look when they are sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Killing me with uber cutiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. um.. cuteness. that's what I meant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The koalas are so cute, yet somehow they remind me of little old people.
    I think I would pick this photo http://twitpic.com/z67qw
    because I just love a good library!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! Koalas!!! I'm sooo jealous. I have always wanted to cuddle a Koala.

    My favorite pic:

    http://twitpic.com/yrfv6

    because you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute!

    This blog is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't be approaching a Koala, or a Kangaroo for that matter, in the wild. Even around a tame one in captivity I'd be moving quietly and slowly. They can really do some damage if you get on the wrong side of one.

    Lovely photos by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:53 AM

    http://tinyurl.com/yhn6jfx because I couldn't eat carbs for 3 months....
    I love the Koala's!!! OMG, I am so jealous! Looks like you had a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. jamie hopkins10:32 AM

    lovely!
    my stupid computer won't let me cut and paste anymore, so i'm going to try to type it...
    http://twitpic.com/z73tg
    thanks for the great pics and posts! The koalas are uber cute! and thanks for the reply about the fur, i always wondered..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alicia - your link didn't work for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very hard to choose! http://twitpic.com/yyt8p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Yes! Yes, I do want a Koala! You got to snuggle one! Did it smell like eucalyptus? That's a childhood dream, right there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. those are so cute!
    love the bridge and the flare:
    http://twitpic.com/yyt1e

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chezley - hmmm... I didn't notice the smell much, but I was in a wildlife park- so it kind of just smelled like wildlife. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://twitpic.com/yyt1e

    So lovely! Reminds me that there is so much beauty in this world.

    After trying three times to post this with my iPhone, I gave up and came to my computer! These are too cute to not throw my hat into the ring. :)

    Thanks for all you do, Anne. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paula Korng. Eames Hall 211!!4:49 PM

    http://tinypic.com/xm36p
    LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. THE WINNERS ARE....... (chosen at random).....

    Jamie Weiss
    &
    Michelle

    Congratulations!!!! Email me your mailing address so I can send you your Koalas!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Special thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a comment!! You made my heart warm with big smiles. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger