Capoeira Rosa Rubra at UTEC | Lowell, MA

posted on: September 27, 2009

I first learned about Capoeira at the Lowell Folk Festival which brings performers from all over the world right into our backyard! Have I mentioned how much I love living here?! Anyway, it looked so cool that when I found out about a group of people in the Boston area called Capoeira Rosa Rubra getting together for a Batizado, I thought I'd check it out and attempt to photograph it. It's something that really cannot be given justice by still images because it's a constant state of motion and music along with two people negotiating a movement relationship within the midst of a shared space. It's a true fusion of martial arts and dance that needs to be experienced in person to be fully appreciated. In any case, here's my attempt to capture still images of a very movement driven experience (press play to start the slideshow):

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger