Lauren & Brian Engagement

posted on: February 17, 2008

IMG_1571.jpg

Lauren & Brian are one of the few couples that actually live close to me! It sounds so bizarre to say that, but there are definitely times when I feel like I'm living on some island in the middle of a ton of corn fields because so many of my couples are over 100 miles away from me. Even though I won't be able to photograph Lauren & Brian's wedding, I was so happy to meet them and photograph their engagement session.

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

It was really nice to explore more of my local scenery and discover Hawthorn Park in Terre Haute, which I might not have found if it weren't for Lauren & Brian! The park was the perfect location to take advantage of the peak fall colors we had that day and the rich golden sunset light.

IMG_1616.jpg

These next two images are of the exact same location, taken from the exact same place... the only difference is the framing and focal length. Don't they almost look like completely different scenes? Photography is all about the eye of the beholder- what one perceives to be beautiful and worth capturing. ;-)

A fenced meadow...
IMG_1678.jpg

The edge of a lake...
IMG_1655.jpg

I think my couples who have done this can attest to the fact that it's not as easy as it looks.... but it sure does make a romantic photo...
IMG_1800.jpg

After they started feeling comfortable, their true colors starting coming out... Red & Blue Cubs colors that is...
IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg
(note: this isn't photoshopped and it's not a lensbaby - it's just zooming out quickly at a slower shutter speed)

I read somewhere that long lasting couples tend to have silly little things to remind them of their love for each other, and this little Happy Feet Penguin is Lauren & Brian's little reminder. Sometimes hidden in Brian's coat pocket, or maybe waiting in the bathroom to greet Lauren during her morning ritual, just a small little reminder that one is thinking about the other. That just makes me smile. ;-)
IMG_1967.jpg

This also makes me smile... ha!
IMG_1897.jpg

Her ring, his name, soon to be her name... it was just too fun to pass up. ;-) Lauren & Brian - thank you so much for choosing me as your engagement photographer! I hope your wedding is everything you hope for and more!
IMG_1894.jpg

11 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. I love the one with the zoom being faster than the shutter speed and the peguin one. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 and #7 are just absolutely amazing ...oh one of my most favorite of favorites!!! #6 reminds me of one of Megans Wedding photos...the one at Wellers??? I think that was where it was???

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those tree shots. The light on them is absolutely amazing! Fun stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:10 PM

    I love #6. The way the light is coming through that tree is just so pretty! And I love the silly face/ piggy back one. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all!! Especially those few with that gorgeous light!! Beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anne it looks like they were a blast to work with and had a real good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the playground shots are so fun. :) what a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUUUUUUN! LOVE the ring photo ... and the two perspectives of one location. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Go Cubs! My uncle is such a huge fan, just had to say it. What an adorable couple! Looks like they had a super fun time and you captured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beautiful warm backlighting, it looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like it was a fun shoot!! I'm in love with the first two photos, but they're all really beautiful! Wonderful work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger