LOVE IT: Once

posted on: February 21, 2008

This movie is written as a "modern day musical" where the characters communicate through songs... but it's not what you would expect. It has a raw and authentic quality which allows the messages, music, and feeling to come through without being over-produced. If you love music, or small independent films, check this one out... I think you'll come away with a smile in your heart.

7 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Oh my goodness this is only one of my favorite movies EVER! There's a great interview I heard with Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova on Sound Opinions. What a fantastic movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really is a fantastic movie- i hadn't heard anything about it, but thought the cover looked cool. i need to get the soundtrack!

    your work is really awesome! i'm so glad to have come across your blog & website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this movie a few weeks ago and I definitely came away with a smile in my heart. :) Loved the music and how it had a more realistic ending. Sad and sweet at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie too! That scene just gives me goosebumps every time I watch it! Did you see this lovely pair win an Oscar last night for original song!?!! I was freakin' out for them, they were SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the Oscar goes to....

    how HAPPY were you when they announced THAT?!

    her thankyou speech was perfect. flawless. i am soooo glad i've seen that movie. my life really is refreshed. and i know that reeks of CHEEEEEESE. but it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep! that was my favorite song from the movie, too. gah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:03 PM

    I fell in LOVE with this movie as well!! After watching it, I had to go out and buy the soundtrack which I have been listening to over and over again while I am working on photos:) I was so happy for them when they won the Oscar!

    Patricia

    p.s. Anne - Your work totally rocks and I have recently become a stalker of your bog :) Keep up the inspiring work!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger