A Day To Fall In Love... again

posted on: February 14, 2008

Snowy Valentine 2

I used to hate Valentine's Day...
because I had no one to love
because I was in love and separated by miles of loneliness
because I had high expectations and they weren't met
because I was in love in with someone who didn't love me
because I didn't love myself

Now I love Valentine's Day...
because it's a reason to hope and dream that there is someone out there for each of us
because even in our separation, we are eternally connected to each other
because there are so many small gifts that I take for granted and need to be reminded of
because someone is in love with me, even if I'm not in love with them
because it's a reminder that we need to love ourselves before we can give love to others
because it's a reason to celebrate the most powerful feeling we can experience

6 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. i love this. i feel like i've thought this word-for-word. take care sweets.
    <3 k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said--Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me feel all warm inside...awe. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....Anne!

    When you retire from a world-dominating photographer, you can become a poet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:20 AM

    I SO agree with this! I get sick of everyone saying how much they hate V-day. I've come to love it for pretty much the exact reasons you listed. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne--I just love your blog and your website. I want to be you when I grow up. Seriously, though--you should know: You are an amazingly talented artist who has a gift not only for capturing beautiful moments in pictures but you are also an exceptional writer/storyteller, teacher and a damn fun girl to be around! I really feel lucky to have met you and I just really dig your vibe. When I see your pics I always feel so much like I get to know your couples through your images and your "narration." But I am always amazed at how much fun these people are having and I know so much of it is your fabulous personality. I also applaud your commitment to many very important causes. You inspire me!

    Eileen (from Flourish)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger