August Desktop Images

posted on: August 1, 2005

Every month or so I change my desktop image to a recent photograph I've taken and I thought it would be fun to share these images in my blog so that you can download them for your desktop as well! Every month I'll try to post a new image that is suitable for displaying at desktop size and resolution. Click on an image to download a copy for your desktop.


This is actually my favorite image from my lily study. However, I'm unsure of it's potential as a print, so I've decided to make it one of my free desktop images. The very shallow depth of field creates beautifully soft shapes of color that seem to flow together seamlessly. I think it perfectly depicts the August heat and humidity which flowers love. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


This is actually from a point & shoot camera that I use for traveling (which is why you will notice more grain). I was in an experimental mood one day and decided to drop a necklace of metallic blue beads into a scallop shaped glass full of water and then photograph it at different angles. I like this as a background image because the edges fringe out creating soft lines that won't compete with icons and text, while still having a fairly abstract sense of shape and bold color. I think it perfectly compliments the image above by suggesting something cool and refreshing on a hot day.

1 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Anne,
    This is Melissa from the Knot Detroit page, MelisBeth77. I was just wondering what you were up to, we're moving to CT in less than 2 weeks. We still don't have an apartment in New Haven, but Jonathan's company is providing us with a corporate apartment for the first month.
    Anyway, just wanted to see what you were up to.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger