Here's a super short sampling of what's been happening in my life lately, for the slightly more extended play by play, check out my twitter feed:
- I was invited to present at Mystic 4, alongside some amazing photographers I admire
- My mom spent a week at our place and helped us FINALLY empty a whole bunch of boxes from our move and organize us to a point where we feel like we're living in a home and not just a box storage facility (I love you mom!)
- I interviewed 12 possible interns and got to choose two super talented and incredibly smart women who I can't wait to work with each week for the next 6 months
- I began an extended project to bring attention to the local hungry & homeless situation as well as the state and federal public services available for people who find themselves in these situations
- I was interviewed by the local paper on my outlook on public service
- I was sold on EBay (with Free Shipping! HA!) to raise money for Thirst Relief International
- I was interviewed and featured in Design Aglow for tips on how to use social media
- I was interviewed and featured in Bride's Magazine (New Jersey & Philadelphia) for lighting tips at receptions
- I was interviewed and featured on the Pictage Blog for Mingle with Engle's Photographer Spotlight
- The fabulous WeddingBeePRO has continued to feature my past blog posts on their amazing resource blog for brides
- I hosted an online video chat night where I answered questions live from photographers and wedding planners (I also have to give a shout out to the awesome wedding planners who answered a lot of other photographer questions! Thanks ladies!)
- I was invited to lead & organize the Boston PUG group, and just hosted my second monthly PUG meeting
- I was invited to give a presentation on community blog development for the stakeholders and developers of Lowell, MA
- I photographed the annual Lowell Winterfest activities including the Soup competition, Human Dogsled competition, Merrimack Valley's Got Talent competition, among many other Winterfest activities
- Alex (my hubby) and I launched Lowell Handmade and are in the process of founding a non-profit to help support the local arts
- I've been recruited to be project manager for an art auction fundraiser for the Artist League of Lowell.
- I've been coordinating the 2nd Annual Photo Lovecat Giveaway Gala at WPPI
- I've been coordinating a very exciting blog and book publication for Las Vegas Weddings
- I've been invited to be a featured presenter at the Thirst Relief and Pictage Booths at WPPI
- I've been meeting Boston area wedding professionals who share my same passions for Green & Sustainable practices
... and that doesn't include just the everyday stuff of trying to keep up with clients and vendors around the world on various time zones, taking care of computer/billing/communication problems that arise, being airport transportation for my frequent flyer family, being my own secretary and editor, being a good pet parent to my dog, and being a caring sister/wife/daughter/friend. Phew!! Did you get tired reading all of that?! I know I'm tired just after writing it all out... and I have to get on a plane in few hours!
Please note: I will be at the annual Wedding & Portrait Photographers International Tradeshow & Conference until February 19th - so please forgive me if I have a difficult time returning phone calls or emails- my schedule is pretty packed while I'm there! I'm doing my best to manage it all right now, and look forward to having a MUCH more manageable workload after WPPI is over!! Every one else's deadlines have been so crammed into the first 6 weeks of this year that I've barely had time to breathe. I sincerely appreciate your understanding!!