So many people think that taking wedding photos is such a glamorous job - as if we just show up and than the job is done, and that's sooooo not the case!! A LOT goes into making images gorgeous AFTER they've been captured and I'm happy to help someone learn that, as long as they are willing to commit to giving me 5-10 hours a week for 6 months, for free. I would essentially be training someone to produce high quality imagery both behind the scenes and in-camera- since it all starts with a deep understanding of light, composition, framing, and technical knowledge. If I get an intern who is so awesome that I can't imagine my life without them, than I may hire them to continue working for me after the internship is over. If you need an internship for college credits, I'm happy to work with your teacher to provide the necessary documentation to count this as your internship.
Here are the behind-the-scenes skills that you'lll be learning on the job, in real life situations:
- Image editing: learning the how, what, and why of editing down to the best work possible
- Color correction: learning how to see colors, evaluate light and shadow balance, and bring out the best in an image
- Data management: protecting and managing data with multiple back-up storage systems as well as system management
- Products & Albums: the ins and outs of choosing products, designing albums, and selling products
- Promotion: preparing images for multiple social media sites, copyright, learning the dos and don'ts of social media
- Camera Technique: why and when of lens choices, camera modes, as well as lighting on and off camera
I'll be conducting all interviews January 24-30th. I have 10 hours a week (2 days a week for 5 hours per day) to give to either 1 intern, or I can split the 10 hours between 2 interns. The most important thing to me is that you're a person who is genuinely interested in learning about photography and that you like being helpful wherever there's a need. There are extra perks to the job, which will be a lovely surprise for whoever ends up being a good fit, but first and foremost I need people who are willing to put in some good work in exchange for valuable knowledge and experience!