Back to work!

posted on: November 6, 2007

Windy day at sea

Thank you sooooo much to everyone who offered kind words in support of me taking a little time-out for my husband and myself. The first night of the cruise we had really rocky weather heading out from Miami so I went straight to sleep after dinner while Alex went up to the top deck and watched the water from the pool tidal wave onto the pool deck. I wish he took some video to show us, but from what he described, it was quite a sight. Because of the storm, we weren't able to get off the boat in our first port of call, CocoCay, so I slept some more while the ship headed to Nassau early. I think my favorite part of the whole trip, aside from the much needed sleep and spa treatments, was standing on the beach kissing my hubby with the waves crashing at our feet and the stars shining over our heads. I know it sounds like a cheesy romantic movie scene- and to be honest, that's exactly what it felt like. Other than that, we slept a lot, ate well, and spent some much needed time together that simply hasn't been possible at home, where work is so easily accessible. Now I'm ready to get back to work- starting with my overflowing inbox of emails!! I'll be sure to share some more bits from the cruise after I've made some significant progress in my workload. ;-)

PS. Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!!!
==>> CLICK HERE TO FIND YOUR VOTING LOCATION<<==

4 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Everybody needs a classic Romantic Beach & Boat Backdrop experience from time to time :)
    Glad you got a much-needed respite. And sleep too!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:39 PM

    My husband and I went on an Alaskan cruise and it was THE best vacation we have ever taken! Sounds like you had a great trip. Welcome Back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:45 AM

    yay for time away and lots of time to focus on the one you love!!! glad you had an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Nice to hear that you and your hubby got away for a little r&r:-)
    In this business where we "only work 1 or 2 days a week"...it's amazing how little time we actually set aside for ourselves.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger