OK, OK, OK... I'll do it! I was tagged by the lovely and talented Rebecca Peters, Brandy & Sticky Rammel, and Katy Regnier to participate in a blog game where I'm supposed to list 8 interesting things about myself that my blog readers may not know and then try to get 8 other photographers to do the same! Since I'm writing this at 4 am because I can't sleep (and I can't work because there's a guest sleeping in my office), we may get some reallly interesting answers!
1. During grades K-8, I went to 7 different schools and lived in 6 different cities between Michigan and Arizona. I got really used to being the new girl AND I learned how to survive in a desert or a forest!
2. I dated over 50 guys before meeting my husband. Internet dating resulted in a lot of first dates but not many second ones- thank goodness! Somehow I also managed to have several long term relationships in there as well.
3. I've been a published poet, leading actress, professional singer, professional model, oratorical finalist, and an officer of various student organizations in college, but the biggest accomplishment I'm proud of is being able to tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue.
4. I love cleaning my ears with q-tips (safely), it's a total eargasm and I feel "clogged-up" if I go a day without cleaning them!
5. I LOVE to go whitewater rafting and horseback riding whenever I can!
6. Every weekday I eat a bowl of raisin bran for breakfast and I make time to watch the Daily Show in the evening. I love going out to eat for Sunday brunch.
7. My husband and I had our first date on 9/11/01 when we were in college and classes were cancelled. We went to Barnes & Noble for part of the date and were later given a signature B&N lounge chair from that same location which we still have in our living room.
8. The last concert I bought tickets for was Damien Rice, and the next concert I've purchased tickets for is Regina Spektor. Some of the most memorable live performances I attended were Dave Matthews Band, Etta James, Barenaked Ladies, Lisa Loeb, Denyce Graves, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Roger Waters, and Bette Midler. One of the best cover bands I've seen in a bar: Big James and the Chicago Playboys.
Here are the next 8 victims! Let's find out who's game and who's a big fat chicken! Seriously though, I nominate each of these photographers with love for their work and who they are as people!! ;-)
LaCour (there are 4 of them, so 2 each should be easy!)
Garrett & Joy Nudd
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
The background for your headshot or portrait helps to establish a mood and atmosphere that provides subtle suggestions about you, your work...
I love libraries and historic buildings. So, when Mary told me that there was a possibility her reception would be held at the gorgeous an...
This is a guest post from Annabel, whose wedding I photographed in 2008. (*My comments are in parentheses.) ;-) A few weeks ago, Anne a...
As an architectural photographer, I occasionally get requests for aerial views of properties. The only problem is that most of these reque...
Ever wonder what the difference is between an amateur and a professional photographer? I've seen some amateurs that have more expensiv...
Here are a few subtle or not-so-subtle differences about the Aussie lifestyle to an American visitor (all images are iPhone photos from my ...
It's funny how life works out. I started the year with a lot of different plans about where I'd be this October 23rd. It was earl...
If you're considering Marie Forleo's B-School or you've been flooded with marketing about how wonderful and amazing it is from...
I believe your wedding album design should reflect your sense of style just as much as every other choice you make for your wedding day. To...