OK, OK, OK... I'll do it! I was tagged by the lovely and talented Rebecca Peters, Brandy & Sticky Rammel, and Katy Regnier to participate in a blog game where I'm supposed to list 8 interesting things about myself that my blog readers may not know and then try to get 8 other photographers to do the same! Since I'm writing this at 4 am because I can't sleep (and I can't work because there's a guest sleeping in my office), we may get some reallly interesting answers!
1. During grades K-8, I went to 7 different schools and lived in 6 different cities between Michigan and Arizona. I got really used to being the new girl AND I learned how to survive in a desert or a forest!
2. I dated over 50 guys before meeting my husband. Internet dating resulted in a lot of first dates but not many second ones- thank goodness! Somehow I also managed to have several long term relationships in there as well.
3. I've been a published poet, leading actress, professional singer, professional model, oratorical finalist, and an officer of various student organizations in college, but the biggest accomplishment I'm proud of is being able to tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue.
4. I love cleaning my ears with q-tips (safely), it's a total eargasm and I feel "clogged-up" if I go a day without cleaning them!
5. I LOVE to go whitewater rafting and horseback riding whenever I can!
6. Every weekday I eat a bowl of raisin bran for breakfast and I make time to watch the Daily Show in the evening. I love going out to eat for Sunday brunch.
7. My husband and I had our first date on 9/11/01 when we were in college and classes were cancelled. We went to Barnes & Noble for part of the date and were later given a signature B&N lounge chair from that same location which we still have in our living room.
8. The last concert I bought tickets for was Damien Rice, and the next concert I've purchased tickets for is Regina Spektor. Some of the most memorable live performances I attended were Dave Matthews Band, Etta James, Barenaked Ladies, Lisa Loeb, Denyce Graves, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Roger Waters, and Bette Midler. One of the best cover bands I've seen in a bar: Big James and the Chicago Playboys.
Here are the next 8 victims! Let's find out who's game and who's a big fat chicken! Seriously though, I nominate each of these photographers with love for their work and who they are as people!! ;-)
LaCour (there are 4 of them, so 2 each should be easy!)
Garrett & Joy Nudd
Each piece laid by hand, one circle after another, perfectly surrounding the trunks of trees and filling the space between. Dublin, Ire...
I love libraries and historic buildings. So, when Mary told me that there was a possibility her reception would be held at the gorgeous an...
The background for your headshot or portrait helps to establish a mood and atmosphere that provides subtle suggestions about you, your work...
It's funny how life works out. I started the year with a lot of different plans about where I'd be this October 23rd. It was earl...
It's been almost a year since I first wrote this post and a whole new season of just engaged couples are appearing on the scene, so I ...
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
My great-grandfather was known to many in his community as Rev. O. O. Watson, a superintendent of Everybody's Mission in Pittsburgh, PA...
When I received an inquiry about tracking down and photographing a few works of stained glass art that remained in a Brooklyn church, my he...
This question has changed my life many times over, so when I was invited to prepare a TEDx Talk, my answer to the question was to inspire o...
After my Architecture Drone Photography experiment, I started seeing some photographers doing drone photography at weddings and I have to ...