August Desktop Images

posted on: August 1, 2007

Every month I change my desktop image to a photograph I've recently taken and I thought it would be fun to share these images in my blog so that you can download them for your desktop as well! Every month I'll try to post a new image that is suitable for displaying at desktop size and resolution. Click on an image to download a copy for your desktop.





A few months ago I spent a Sunday afternoon texture hunting with my 1979 Olympus OM and some PortraVC film, looking for really interesting textures to experiment with. I hit a goldmine of textures when I explored some old farm equipment laying around St. Mary of the Woods College. The two images above weren't intended to become part of my texture collection, but the colors and shapes struck me in such a way that I had to have them for my desktop image collection. I feel like there's a little bit of irony here because the objects themselves suggest that they are old and maybe neglected, but the colors are so happy and alive.

2 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Oooo!! Love 'em! I've got the red one up now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days ago we were driving home and saw this really old, bright yellow pickup truck full of tires arranged randomly. It would have made an awesome photo, too bad you weren't there!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger