Actually, it's a pair of socks, a package of Lefsa, and a magnet. ;-)
Oh my... how do I split up the prizes?! I certainly didn't plan for a tie!! Lynsey and Alissa both had 31 votes at 1 pm EST. Congratulations ladies!! Luckily I purchased an extra set of socks and lefsa for myself, so you'll each get a pair of Bergen socks and a package of the traditional Norwegian treat, Lefsa. I'm keeping the magnet though - since I'm giving up my socks. ;-) Thank you so much for playing!!
In case you're interested in making some fresh Lefsa for yourself, here's a recipe, followed by a YouTube video of a Norwegian bachelor making some with his mom!
* 18 baking potatoes, scrubbed
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Peel potatoes and place them in a large pot with a large amount of water. Bring water to a boil, and let the potatoes boil until soft. Drain and mash well.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine 8 cups mashed potatoes, cream, butter, salt, and sugar. Cover potatoes and refrigerate over night.
3. Mix flour into the mashed potatoes and roll the mixture into balls about the size of tennis balls, or smaller depending on preference. Keep balls of dough on plate in the refrigerator.
4. Taking one ball out of the refrigerator at a time, roll dough balls out on a floured board. To keep the dough from sticking while rolling it out, it helps to have a rolling pin with a cotton rolling pin covers.
5. Fry the lefsa in a grill or in an iron skillet at very high heat. If lefsa brown too much, turn the heat down. After cooking each piece of lefsa place on a dishtowel. Fold towel over lefsa to keep warm. Stack lefsa on top of each other and keep covered to keep from drying out.
If you're considering Marie Forleo's B-School or you've been flooded with marketing about how wonderful and amazing it is from...
After my Architecture Drone Photography experiment, I started seeing some photographers doing drone photography at weddings and I have to ...
My great-grandfather was known to many in his community as Rev. O. O. Watson, a superintendent of Everybody's Mission in Pittsburgh, PA...
When I received an inquiry about tracking down and photographing a few works of stained glass art that remained in a Brooklyn church, my he...
Once Reiki training helped me better manage my own energy and energetic sensitivity, it became much easier for me to distinguish between wh...
It's funny how life works out. I started the year with a lot of different plans about where I'd be this October 23rd. It was earl...
Transitioning from one job, home, or place to another always involves some level of trickiness. Whether it's figuring out airport info...
The background for your headshot or portrait helps to establish a mood and atmosphere that provides subtle suggestions about you, your work...
Wow! Eleven Years!! On the SAME blog!! I've never even lived in the same city for 11 years, and yet my blog has stayed in the same i...
This question has changed my life many times over, so when I was invited to prepare a TEDx Talk, my answer to the question was to inspire o...