We're Graduating!

posted on: May 6, 2006


(Photo credit: Mary Azzoo)

Today my husband and I will be celebrating our commencement from Oakland University. I will be receiving my Bachelor of Music Education and Alex will be receiving his Doctorate in Music Education (hence, his funny looking hat and tassle!) Oakland University has played such a huge part in both of our lives, which makes it so bittersweet to finally leave.

It was in the OU MTD Tech Lab that I first met Alex, a Meadow Brook Hall dinner where we shared our first Valentine's Day together, the Meadow Brook Music Festival where we enjoyed Wine & Food festivals along with many outdoor music concerts, the Observatory where we shared our first picnic together and laid out under the stars, and even the OU Subdivision which allowed us to purchase our first home together. It was even a friend I met at OU who encouraged me to share my passion for photography on a much more serious and public level!

It's been an amazing journey and has taken my life in directions that I never could have imagined. Looking back, there was one quote which turned my life around, making me leave a successful career in Marketing to pursue what I felt I was missing in my life at that time (which was music) and has continued to push me to pursue my dreams. I share this quote with you in the hopes that it encourages you to push past your own fears and pursue what it is that fills your soul, so...

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"

It is truly amazing what we can accomplish when we eliminate the fear of failure.

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger