New Car!

posted on: July 28, 2005

As some of you may know, my Dodge Neon was nearly totalled last December when a driver made a left turn into my car with a Dodge Ram (appropriately named). Ever since then, my purple Neon has looked like a raisin with one entire side of the car being smashed in. Since the car was paid off, I only had PL/PD coverage, which does not include collision. However, because the car was still in working order- I really couldn't justify the added cost of a new car. My husband was so patient when it came to borrowing his car, often reworking his schedule to allow me to meet clients or staying at home so that I could take care of an all-day wedding job with his more presentable car. (Which definitely came in handy when one bride surprised me by hitching a ride in my car!! That'll teach me to show up with a clean car!)

Well, the time has finally come to get a new car. While everyone is running out to grab the employee discounts being offered by the car companies- I thought it would be a good time to cash in on some of those trade-ins that must be rolling in right now. Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a total bargain shopper! I refuse to pay retail for a brand new car that's going to depreciate as soon as it leaves the lot- but I will pay a little extra for an extended warranty ;-). I was able to find a certified pre-owned Grand Am for $1,200 UNDER blue book value! Now that's a deal. After driving a Neon and feeling almost invisible on the road, it's nice to have something more substantial that's also roomy enough for passengers (in case any brides surprise me again!)

So- for anyone meeting me for the first time- here's what I'll be showing up in :-) .... (please excuse the cheesy pose- and thanks to my hubby for taking the pic!)


PS. Have you ever noticed that car commercials are almost always filmed shortly before sunset?

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger