February Desktop Images

posted on: February 1, 2007

Every month I change my desktop image to a photograph I've recently taken and I thought it would be fun to share these images in my blog so that you can download them for your desktop as well! Every month I'll try to post a new image that is suitable for displaying at desktop size and resolution. Click on an image to download a copy for your desktop.





February can be such a dreary time of the year, so I wanted something ultra cheery for my desktop. As I was searching through my image archives, I came upon some photos I had taken of a friend's work. Franklin Jonas is an artist whom I met when I was a docent at Meadow Brook Hall, where he was also a security guard at the time. He often worked the night shift which was an ideal time for him to not be bothered by the visitors of the day so that he could work on sketches and drawings for future artistic projects. When I would finish with my tours, he and I would chat at length about art and life in general and we became very close as friends.

One night as I was really analyzing his work which I had seen many times before, I discovered that much of his work was based on the Golden Ratio and that his worked showed a sense of evolution over time. He claims that these thoughts inspired him to push forward and seek an end to a project that has been in the works for almost 10 years now, but I can't take credit for that! The work you see above is reminicent of some of his older canvas & acrylic works. As a side note, the first image was shot with film and the second was shot with digital - I think you can really see the texture in the digital image, which isn't as apparent in the film image. The project he's working on now is a fairly large departure from the work above, and I'm so excited to see it come to fruition!! If you're interseted in seeing larger images of these paintings, check it out Frank's flickr page.

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger