As of Monday morning, Alex and I will officially be living in Terre Haute, Indiana. After living in metro Detroit for five years, I have to admit there are a lot of things I'm going to miss....
- Our beautiful home
- Attending The People shows
- Giving tours at Meadow Brook Hall
- Walking the gardens and museums of Cranbrook
- All of the cool things to see and photograph on Belle Isle
- Going out in Greektown
- The sweet Framboise at Rochester Mills
- The amazing fresh bread at Kruse & Muer
- The "Double Sizzing" at Gourmet Garden
- Layered french toast at Toast
- Snackers and Orange Cream Coolers from Olga's Kitchen
- Attending operas at the Michigan Opera Theatre
- Concerts of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Folk music at The Ark and Meadow Brook Music Festival
- Watching the antique cars invade town during the Woodward Dream Cruise
- Riding on the People Mover and urban exploring in downtown Detroit
- The amazing hummus, fresh bread, and kafta at La Shish
- The free chocolate chip cookes on Sundays at The Moose Preserve
- Exhibits at the Detroit Institute of Arts
- my favorite dogs in the whole world, Bailey & Misty
and most of all....
... my amazing friends and supportive family.... especially my mom.
OK... I've procrastinated long enough. Now I MUST pack up my office and get ready for my out of town wedding tomorrow followed by a long day of driving on Sunday. Please note I probably won't be able to respond to emails until Tuesday. Have a great weekend!!!!!
It's funny how life works out. I started the year with a lot of different plans about where I'd be this October 23rd. It was earl...
Whenever I have an intern, I give a LOT of feedback to them as we're working together about their approach, their skills, their zone ...
When I received an inquiry about tracking down and photographing a few works of stained glass art that remained in a Brooklyn church, my he...
After my Architecture Drone Photography experiment, I started seeing some photographers doing drone photography at weddings and I have to ...
My great-grandfather was known to many in his community as Rev. O. O. Watson, a superintendent of Everybody's Mission in Pittsburgh, PA...
Wow! Eleven Years!! On the SAME blog!! I've never even lived in the same city for 11 years, and yet my blog has stayed in the same i...
Transitioning from one job, home, or place to another always involves some level of trickiness. Whether it's figuring out airport info...
The background for your headshot or portrait helps to establish a mood and atmosphere that provides subtle suggestions about you, your work...
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
As an architectural photographer, I occasionally get requests for aerial views of properties. The only problem is that most of these reque...