As of Monday morning, Alex and I will officially be living in Terre Haute, Indiana. After living in metro Detroit for five years, I have to admit there are a lot of things I'm going to miss....
- Our beautiful home
- Attending The People shows
- Giving tours at Meadow Brook Hall
- Walking the gardens and museums of Cranbrook
- All of the cool things to see and photograph on Belle Isle
- Going out in Greektown
- The sweet Framboise at Rochester Mills
- The amazing fresh bread at Kruse & Muer
- The "Double Sizzing" at Gourmet Garden
- Layered french toast at Toast
- Snackers and Orange Cream Coolers from Olga's Kitchen
- Attending operas at the Michigan Opera Theatre
- Concerts of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Folk music at The Ark and Meadow Brook Music Festival
- Watching the antique cars invade town during the Woodward Dream Cruise
- Riding on the People Mover and urban exploring in downtown Detroit
- The amazing hummus, fresh bread, and kafta at La Shish
- The free chocolate chip cookes on Sundays at The Moose Preserve
- Exhibits at the Detroit Institute of Arts
- my favorite dogs in the whole world, Bailey & Misty
and most of all....
... my amazing friends and supportive family.... especially my mom.
OK... I've procrastinated long enough. Now I MUST pack up my office and get ready for my out of town wedding tomorrow followed by a long day of driving on Sunday. Please note I probably won't be able to respond to emails until Tuesday. Have a great weekend!!!!!
After my Architecture Drone Photography experiment, I started seeing some photographers doing drone photography at weddings and I have to ...
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
It's funny how life works out. I started the year with a lot of different plans about where I'd be this October 23rd. It was earl...
My great-grandfather was known to many in his community as Rev. O. O. Watson, a superintendent of Everybody's Mission in Pittsburgh, PA...
Transitioning from one job, home, or place to another always involves some level of trickiness. Whether it's figuring out airport info...
When I received an inquiry about tracking down and photographing a few works of stained glass art that remained in a Brooklyn church, my he...
Wow! Eleven Years!! On the SAME blog!! I've never even lived in the same city for 11 years, and yet my blog has stayed in the same i...
Once Reiki training helped me better manage my own energy and energetic sensitivity, it became much easier for me to distinguish between wh...
This question has changed my life many times over, so when I was invited to prepare a TEDx Talk, my answer to the question was to inspire o...
Each piece laid by hand, one circle after another, perfectly surrounding the trunks of trees and filling the space between. Dublin, Ire...