Sometimes I'm looking for cool textures or unexpected art and sometimes they just hit me so hard in the face that I can't ignore them. For these pieces, I was actually doing a study on the space outside Western Ave Studios and testing the limitations of of the 135mm f/2.0 lens, which I don't use too often but absolutely love. When I do a study, I basically take an extended look at something and explore it in as many ways as possible through whatever photographic means I have available. It's a great way to challenge your creativity and to remind yourself how to look for that which is often overlooked. I'm pretty sure both of these were on the side of some train cars temporarily parked on the tracks next to the studio. I love the combination of textures and colors. I haven't decided which one will be my desktop background yet, maybe I'll have one for my laptop and one for the studio. ;-) Click on either image to instantly download a high resolution copy for your desktop.
December Desktop Image - Art is Everywhere
posted on: December 1, 2009
Sometimes I'm looking for cool textures or unexpected art and sometimes they just hit me so hard in the face that I can't ignore them. For these pieces, I was actually doing a study on the space outside Western Ave Studios and testing the limitations of of the 135mm f/2.0 lens, which I don't use too often but absolutely love. When I do a study, I basically take an extended look at something and explore it in as many ways as possible through whatever photographic means I have available. It's a great way to challenge your creativity and to remind yourself how to look for that which is often overlooked. I'm pretty sure both of these were on the side of some train cars temporarily parked on the tracks next to the studio. I love the combination of textures and colors. I haven't decided which one will be my desktop background yet, maybe I'll have one for my laptop and one for the studio. ;-) Click on either image to instantly download a high resolution copy for your desktop.
See more like this:
"photo tip" .
desktop .
lowell .
massachusetts .
personal .
photo tip .
studio
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
(Written May 27, 2026 - Backdated for the ease of the Archive) 2025 was the year it felt like I finally started to gain the headspace to foc...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





those are awesome, Anne! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome. Thanks for sharing...
ReplyDelete