This month I wanted something textured for my desktop, something almost 3D. As I was eating lunch, I loved the textures of the rice and meat, but figured I probably shouldn't have food on my desktop or I might be hungry all the time. Then I wanted to do comfortable textures like leather and velvet, but they don't photograph well. Finally I settled on two things that had great texture and depth. By using the macro setting on my little Canon PowerShot, I was able to get the super close-ups you see here. Any thoughts on what these items actually are?
October Desktop Image
posted on: October 1, 2006
Every month or so I change my desktop image to a photograph I've taken and I thought it would be fun to share these images in my blog so that you can download them for your desktop as well! Every month I'll try to post a new image that is suitable for displaying at desktop size and resolution. Click on an image to download a copy for your desktop.


This month I wanted something textured for my desktop, something almost 3D. As I was eating lunch, I loved the textures of the rice and meat, but figured I probably shouldn't have food on my desktop or I might be hungry all the time. Then I wanted to do comfortable textures like leather and velvet, but they don't photograph well. Finally I settled on two things that had great texture and depth. By using the macro setting on my little Canon PowerShot, I was able to get the super close-ups you see here. Any thoughts on what these items actually are?
This month I wanted something textured for my desktop, something almost 3D. As I was eating lunch, I loved the textures of the rice and meat, but figured I probably shouldn't have food on my desktop or I might be hungry all the time. Then I wanted to do comfortable textures like leather and velvet, but they don't photograph well. Finally I settled on two things that had great texture and depth. By using the macro setting on my little Canon PowerShot, I was able to get the super close-ups you see here. Any thoughts on what these items actually are?
See more like this:
desktop .
film canisters .
free .
image .
jute rug .
macro .
photography .
stock .
wallpaper
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
(Written May 27, 2026 - Backdated for the ease of the Archive) 2025 was the year it felt like I finally started to gain the headspace to foc...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





The first one is a steel barrel. They use these at the cider mill for garbage cans. The second one is a blanket.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm.... on the right track... but not quite close enough!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking placemat for the second one myself. Maybe a old timey film canister for the 1st?
ReplyDeleteding, ding, ding, on the film canisters!!! I think Megan may have had a tiny hint looking in my flickr stream ;-)
ReplyDeleteAlex has a TON of these old 16mm films sitting around in our living room just waiting to get mailed!! There's even an old Charlie Chaplin film!
Nah! I thought it initially and then looked thru Flickr, but, it didn't SEEM to influence my gut rxn. Hmm... ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat do I win?? hee hee