Small Town Waiting List
posted on: August 30, 2006
There are some things you can anticipate when moving to a smaller town, like less diversity, fewer restaurant options, less entertainment options, etc. However, one thing I was not able to predict was how difficult it would be to get our internet connected! There's only one cable company in town and apparently it takes them a month to set up cable internet for a new account. Does anyone else think a month is a ridiculous amount of time to wait?! Perhaps because there's no competition, customer service doesn't really matter either. So, my options are: mooching wireless internet from an open network in our building when it's available, spending all day at the coffee shop with wireless internet and hopped up on caffeine, or camp out in my husband's office at school. These are all OK for responding to email in short spurts, but none of these are solutions for extended uploading to my professional lab. It also puts a dent in being able to respond quickly and efficiently to requests. This is killing me!! Thanks for letting me vent!
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





TERRE HAUTE ROCKS!
ReplyDelete