Gwen & Chad chose to have their engagement photos done at a quaint city park in downtown Fenton. Since I wasn't able to get to the park before hand to scope out the best picture spots, Gwen sent me a few pictures she had taken at the park. I always appreciate knowing at least a little something about the scene before I get there. From what I could see in her pictures, there were lots of neat things, but in all the wrong places. Once we got to the park I could see that there were even more great backdrops, but just as I had suspected, they were in akward places photographically. So, I really had to stop looking with my eyes and think about what things would look like through the lens, using perspective and focal lengths to my advantage. I love a challenge! There were definitely times when my intuition was to get closer, but for the best picture I actually had to step back and zoom in- which sometimes meant stepping out into a street with traffic! Oh, the things I'll do for a great picture... but in the end, I'd rather take a few risks to have a great picture than be safe for an OK picture. :-)
Gwen & Chad Engagement
posted on: December 11, 2005
Gwen & Chad chose to have their engagement photos done at a quaint city park in downtown Fenton. Since I wasn't able to get to the park before hand to scope out the best picture spots, Gwen sent me a few pictures she had taken at the park. I always appreciate knowing at least a little something about the scene before I get there. From what I could see in her pictures, there were lots of neat things, but in all the wrong places. Once we got to the park I could see that there were even more great backdrops, but just as I had suspected, they were in akward places photographically. So, I really had to stop looking with my eyes and think about what things would look like through the lens, using perspective and focal lengths to my advantage. I love a challenge! There were definitely times when my intuition was to get closer, but for the best picture I actually had to step back and zoom in- which sometimes meant stepping out into a street with traffic! Oh, the things I'll do for a great picture... but in the end, I'd rather take a few risks to have a great picture than be safe for an OK picture. :-)
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
(Written May 27, 2026 - Backdated for the ease of the Archive) 2025 was the year it felt like I finally started to gain the headspace to foc...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment