There are so many beautiful locations in the area, but often times the same ones are chosen over and over again. The challenge for me is to find new and interesting ways of looking at the same location. It would definitely be easier to use the same shots and poses each time, but then everyone's pictures end up looking the same- and that's just too predictable for me! Kelly & Brian chose Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester Hills as their backdrop, a place I'm very familiar with. In fact, I really have to try pretty hard not to give couples a complete historical tour of the place (I used to work there as a tour guide)! Kelly & Brian had mentioned that they wanted to take advantage of the fall colors- so I tried to incorporate as much as possible into their images. We had a lot of fun just playing around and being silly. I really love the action shots that we did with the milkweed and the leaves. My inner movie director came out and when I got to shout "ACTION!" :-)
Kelly & Brian Engagement
posted on: November 23, 2005
There are so many beautiful locations in the area, but often times the same ones are chosen over and over again. The challenge for me is to find new and interesting ways of looking at the same location. It would definitely be easier to use the same shots and poses each time, but then everyone's pictures end up looking the same- and that's just too predictable for me! Kelly & Brian chose Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester Hills as their backdrop, a place I'm very familiar with. In fact, I really have to try pretty hard not to give couples a complete historical tour of the place (I used to work there as a tour guide)! Kelly & Brian had mentioned that they wanted to take advantage of the fall colors- so I tried to incorporate as much as possible into their images. We had a lot of fun just playing around and being silly. I really love the action shots that we did with the milkweed and the leaves. My inner movie director came out and when I got to shout "ACTION!" :-)
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
(Written May 27, 2026 - Backdated for the ease of the Archive) 2025 was the year it felt like I finally started to gain the headspace to foc...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment