Did you know there are over 6 different ways of creating a spot colored image? I've been experimenting with this technique because it is increasingly popular with brides. Most often it appears in images where just the flowers are shown in color and the rest of the image is in black and white, but I think that's almost too obvious. I like using it in situations where the subject of the image may blend into the scene, and the spot coloring helps to make the subject pop out of the image while making the rest of the scene fall into the background. I think it works well for this image of the father giving away his daughter with a kiss, shot through a crowd of wedding guests.
Fun with PhotoShop
posted on: March 10, 2005
Did you know there are over 6 different ways of creating a spot colored image? I've been experimenting with this technique because it is increasingly popular with brides. Most often it appears in images where just the flowers are shown in color and the rest of the image is in black and white, but I think that's almost too obvious. I like using it in situations where the subject of the image may blend into the scene, and the spot coloring helps to make the subject pop out of the image while making the rest of the scene fall into the background. I think it works well for this image of the father giving away his daughter with a kiss, shot through a crowd of wedding guests.
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment