I have this general rule in my life: twice is coincidence, thrice is significance. So, maybe this blog post will mean something to someone, maybe it won't, but I feel better knowing I put it out there.
You Look So Familiar
posted on: April 26, 2010
They walked into my studio yesterday and there was this light surrounding them. A familiarity, as if I needed to know something more, as if a story needed to be told. I almost asked them if they wanted to hang out sometime, but stopped just short, thinking how it might be a little weird since we had only just met. Then they appeared again, in my living room, as my husband started up an AppleTV slideshow of my Flickr stream set to his Pandora stream. I wasn't really paying attention, since I've seen the images many times, but I happened to glance up and see the image below, and it was too serendipitous to ignore. When I originally photographed the image last year, all I saw was a generous smile and a perfect moment, but now for it to appear again just after seeing them in my studio- I had to say something.

I have this general rule in my life: twice is coincidence, thrice is significance. So, maybe this blog post will mean something to someone, maybe it won't, but I feel better knowing I put it out there.
I have this general rule in my life: twice is coincidence, thrice is significance. So, maybe this blog post will mean something to someone, maybe it won't, but I feel better knowing I put it out there.
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment