These were shot at the Mavris Arts & Cultural Center in Indianapolis, IN.
Painting With Light
posted on: February 27, 2007
Today I hosted a demonstration for photographers on painting with light. Unfortunately I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked, but I did manage to come away with two really cool shots (pictured below). I just loooove painting with light. It's not often that I get to spend time just playing with light- so today was a total treat for me to just have fun experimenting!!!


These were shot at the Mavris Arts & Cultural Center in Indianapolis, IN.
These were shot at the Mavris Arts & Cultural Center in Indianapolis, IN.
See more like this:
clients .
education .
indanapolis .
indiana .
lifestyle .
opensourcephoto .
portrait
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
I decided to record an audio version of this post so you can just sit back and listen for 13 minutes over coffee, lunch, or some photo edit...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
I believe your wedding album design should reflect your sense of style just as much as every other choice you make for your wedding day. To...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
Brooke & Jason are some of the nicest, kindest people you could ever meet. She's a special ed/art teacher, and he's an EMT- so ...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
I wasn't able to get a photo post up this morning, so instead I offer you these ridiculous videos of my dog, my husband, and... reluctan...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





those are awesome shots anne! buddy there looks really ghostly... could be creepy if you wanted, but otherwise is just really cool... eerie... (maybe it's me and i'm in a dark mood, but i like it!)
ReplyDeleteThose are Gor.GE.OUS!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I was fearing a post about Thomas Kinkade when I saw the title of this feed... ;)
That is one hot she turtle there !!!
ReplyDeleteWhat exactly is "painting with light?"
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!! Isn't the look just stinkin' cool?! I love moody images!
ReplyDeletePainting with light is just as it sounds. You start with a subject in a completely dark room and you "paint" light into the image by using a long shutter, high aperture, low ISO, a tripod, and a source of light which can be controled. In the examples here, I used a video light with a "snoot" to focus the light on Amanda, and a blueish mag light with snoot to paint light onto Denis. The cool thing is that you can add as much or as little light as you want, and it can be done however you want. I'm sure if you do a little research, you'll come up with a lot of different ways of approaching it.
Definitely NOT Kinkade! ;)
i love u...ur sexy..dont ever change :-)!
ReplyDeleteanne, you did an awesome job on this demonstration.
ReplyDeletethe images rock!
Those are great such a nice effect! I've been wanting to try this for a long time. Now you've inspired me to give it a try this weekend.
ReplyDelete