I've unofficially been an exclusive photographer for The People for over a year now. The People recently held a CD release party at their favorite venue, Xhedos Cafe and asked me to make the most of the extra lighting they had on hand for the evening. As any concert photographer knows, lighting is everything and without great lighting it doesn't matter what kind of camera equipment you have. We did run into a little snag when the smoke machine set off the cafe's fire alarm system, but after 15 minutes of standing in the cold, we were able to get the show back on track and had a great evening... without the smoke effects. ;-) Click on any image to view the full set of images from the evening in a flash slideshow.
The People
posted on: March 11, 2006
I've unofficially been an exclusive photographer for The People for over a year now. The People recently held a CD release party at their favorite venue, Xhedos Cafe and asked me to make the most of the extra lighting they had on hand for the evening. As any concert photographer knows, lighting is everything and without great lighting it doesn't matter what kind of camera equipment you have. We did run into a little snag when the smoke machine set off the cafe's fire alarm system, but after 15 minutes of standing in the cold, we were able to get the show back on track and had a great evening... without the smoke effects. ;-) Click on any image to view the full set of images from the evening in a flash slideshow.
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment