When we first met for our initial meeting, I remember thinking "I really hope they pick me!" Very often I find myself getting just as excited about a wedding as the bride does- sometimes I think I'm even a little more excited!! When Katie started telling me about all of her wedding ideas, I just knew it would be a fabulous affair. Katie also knew exactly what she wanted photographically, and wasn't afraid to communicate that to me, which helped me personalize her images even further. Knowing that she worked for a local flower market, I made sure that I took plenty of floral detail shots so that she could go back to work and show them off to her coworkers and future clients. Katie & Rick decided to see each other for the first time before the ceremony at Mill Race Village in Northville. This gave us plenty of time to have fun and get all of the posed pictures out of the way in a nice outdoor setting before the ceremony while everyone was still fresh so that there would be no delay in beginning the party after the ceremony! The ceremony and reception were held at the historic Lafayette Grande in downtown Pontiac. Since their wedding was so close to Halloween, Katie & Rick mentioned that they were excited about the potential of this old Masonic Temple being haunted! I didn't happen to catch any ghosts on film, but I did capture a lot of people having a great time. Congratulations Katie & Rick, you deserve many more years of happiness together!! Click on the image above to view a slideshow of sample photos from their wedding day.
Katie & Rick's Wedding
posted on: January 7, 2006
When we first met for our initial meeting, I remember thinking "I really hope they pick me!" Very often I find myself getting just as excited about a wedding as the bride does- sometimes I think I'm even a little more excited!! When Katie started telling me about all of her wedding ideas, I just knew it would be a fabulous affair. Katie also knew exactly what she wanted photographically, and wasn't afraid to communicate that to me, which helped me personalize her images even further. Knowing that she worked for a local flower market, I made sure that I took plenty of floral detail shots so that she could go back to work and show them off to her coworkers and future clients. Katie & Rick decided to see each other for the first time before the ceremony at Mill Race Village in Northville. This gave us plenty of time to have fun and get all of the posed pictures out of the way in a nice outdoor setting before the ceremony while everyone was still fresh so that there would be no delay in beginning the party after the ceremony! The ceremony and reception were held at the historic Lafayette Grande in downtown Pontiac. Since their wedding was so close to Halloween, Katie & Rick mentioned that they were excited about the potential of this old Masonic Temple being haunted! I didn't happen to catch any ghosts on film, but I did capture a lot of people having a great time. Congratulations Katie & Rick, you deserve many more years of happiness together!! Click on the image above to view a slideshow of sample photos from their wedding day.
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
(Written May 27, 2026 - Backdated for the ease of the Archive) 2025 was the year it felt like I finally started to gain the headspace to foc...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





0 comments, to add [click here]:
Post a Comment