A couple years ago I met a local florist, Belle Feuille Floral Design, who recycles the big beautiful floral arrangements left over from events like weddings, funerals, and church services, turning them into floral gifts for hospice, hospital, and cancer patients. What a beautiful way to spread the love and make an investment in gorgeous flowers go even further! A quick search on the web reveals that she's not the only florist who utilizes a team of volunteers to help spread the love- so as you're meeting with florists for your wedding day- ask if they will recycle the flowers or if they know of a local program that will pick up your flowers after the event for donation. If your florist doesn't offer a program like this, ask your family members if they know of a retirement home or hospital that accepts floral donations, and if members of your family would be willing to help deliver the flowers after the wedding.
Recycle Your Wedding Flowers - Green Ideas
posted on: February 7, 2013
A couple years ago I met a local florist, Belle Feuille Floral Design, who recycles the big beautiful floral arrangements left over from events like weddings, funerals, and church services, turning them into floral gifts for hospice, hospital, and cancer patients. What a beautiful way to spread the love and make an investment in gorgeous flowers go even further! A quick search on the web reveals that she's not the only florist who utilizes a team of volunteers to help spread the love- so as you're meeting with florists for your wedding day- ask if they will recycle the flowers or if they know of a local program that will pick up your flowers after the event for donation. If your florist doesn't offer a program like this, ask your family members if they know of a retirement home or hospital that accepts floral donations, and if members of your family would be willing to help deliver the flowers after the wedding.
See more like this:
boston .
flower .
green .
massachusetts .
wedding .
wedding planning
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





This is a great idea for the budget bride. I am going to mention this to my couples in Regina when I meet them about their wedding photos.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a great site. Nice idea.
ReplyDeleteWow.. LOVE this.. And your wedding photo tips - thank you!
ReplyDeletegoing green is the way to go ....
ReplyDeleteI thought it's green bouquet but it's almost red, any way I like it so much it reminds me bridal bouquets Manhattan Beach.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Really liked your friend’s work. It’s simply commendable and fabulous. The idea of recycling is quite impressive. Will surely try it. Have recently attended my sister’s lunch party and there she had prepared everything perfectly with awesome floral arrangements. And used Flower Delivery New York service for it.
ReplyDelete