LOVE IT: Laura Barrett
posted on: March 8, 2010
It was Thursday, February 11th, at the Wilbur Theatre in Boston. My husband and I were there to see The Magnetic Fields, but when the opening act came out with a kalimba in hand, we were intrigued. What followed was mix of delightful kalimba virtuosity and fun geeky lyrics. I was instantly drawn into her world and fully captivated. When she announced the title of an instrumental as "Stop Giving Your Children Standardized Tests", I officially declared my love. This quirky Canadian has me hooked, so much that I now must share her talent and fearless individuality with you. If you fall in love with her as I did, you can check out more of her work on iTunes and see her tour schedule on MySpace.
Here's a little interview with Laura Barrett, and what inspires her:
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
I decided to record an audio version of this post so you can just sit back and listen for 13 minutes over coffee, lunch, or some photo edit...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
I believe your wedding album design should reflect your sense of style just as much as every other choice you make for your wedding day. To...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
Brooke & Jason are some of the nicest, kindest people you could ever meet. She's a special ed/art teacher, and he's an EMT- so ...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
I wasn't able to get a photo post up this morning, so instead I offer you these ridiculous videos of my dog, my husband, and... reluctan...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





They were building this part of the Museum when we visited. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's all done now :)
ReplyDeleteI saw Laura Barrett perform live, opening for Royal Wood (check him out -- he's a great singer/songwriter, too!) in Toronto. I totally agree, she's quirky, geeky, and most of all original...
The AGO is all done now :)
ReplyDeleteI saw Laura Barrett perform live, opening for Royal Wood (check him out -- he's a great singer/songwriter, too!) in Toronto. I totally agree, she's quirky, geeky, and most of all original...