POLL: The Knot vs. Brides
posted on: November 20, 2009
Quick question: Would you rather be featured in Bride's Magazine or The Knot Magazine? Which accompanying website? Please respond in the poll, or if you can't see it (iphone users) respond in the comments and let us know if you're a photographer or a bride (or another wedding vendor!) I'd love to hear your reasons too!
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
(Written May 27, 2026 - Backdated for the ease of the Archive) 2025 was the year it felt like I finally started to gain the headspace to foc...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





I'm a pro photog, but as a bride (4 years ago) I always leaned torwards theknot.com for most of my wedding resources. I found The Knot is more contemporary, while Brides had a more modern take. Today there are a lot more local resources that I would probably go to rather than large national databases...
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have a wedding photog business, but when I was a bride I looked at TheKnot for overall info. More important to me were local resources listed at HudsonValleyWeddings.com and local people that I had known for a long time and that I trusted to do a fabulous job.
ReplyDeleteThe nice thing is that both magazines do local publications for major markets - so you can actually get local within a large publication.
ReplyDeleteThe knot for online, Brides for print! I was a bride and while I looked at both mags, I only bought Brides. I loved the knot.com and used it for a big part of my online research.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely go for knot.com. At least more people can see your work.But I can understand your dilemma because there's nothing like seeing your photographs on print.
ReplyDelete