This time of year is pretty stressful for a lot of people (myself included). That stress leads our immune system to break down, causing us to get sick, or to have high blood pressure, or to stay up late with our mind racing about what we need to do next. We'd love to get away from it all and just relax, but we fear that getting away would just make us stress about everything that isn't getting done.
So, I've come up with a way to take a mini-vacation right at your desk!! It only requires one minute of time, your eyes, your ears, and a few deep breaths. Just sixty seconds of imagining yourself in a more relaxing place can do wonders for the mind and body... if you need more than sixty seconds, simply repeat.
For this one minute vacation, let me take you to my mom's back porch overlooking the woods where you'll see the autumn leaves falling and hear the wind blowing through the trees... click play and relax for a few seconds...
What's your idea of a vacation? Maybe I can bring it to your desktop for you!
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
Lately, something very disturbing has been happening in the blogging world. Dear Blogger, I love you. You've dedicated your time t...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





This is awesome, Anne! I'm totally with you on the stress thing right now. My mind is constantly on overdrive thinking about everything I need to do to stay on top of all this wedding work. I love fall, though. Thanks for the little mini-vacation! I needed that. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty darn cool, Anne. You rock.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteAh, much needed. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThat helped!!!
ReplyDeleteMmmm. How nice was that? It's amazing how nice and long a minute can seem when you just stop and breath. Thanks for the moment of relaxation.
ReplyDeleteIt worked! This is beautiful, Anne. So tranquil. Thanks for sharing your peaceful place with all of us!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Is that place real???
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anne ;)