I challenge you to reach out to someone who upsets you. Forgive them. Pity them. Love them. Do something kind for them and expect nothing in return. Find something about them to compliment and admire. Be sacrificial in your love. Be an example of peace. Pay it forward and it will come back to you in ways you could never imagine.
My heart hurts.
posted on: April 18, 2007
My eyes sting with the tears I shed for others. Yet, as much support as we give to those who suffer loss, we must also reach out to the people in our everyday lives. We need to be proactive about preventing hatred in the future. During this time when so many are sad- make it a point to share happiness. Make it a point to love and forgive someone you normally look at with hatered. Sadness, fear, and anger are often confused for one another, but each of those negative feelings can be turned around by acts of love.
I challenge you to reach out to someone who upsets you. Forgive them. Pity them. Love them. Do something kind for them and expect nothing in return. Find something about them to compliment and admire. Be sacrificial in your love. Be an example of peace. Pay it forward and it will come back to you in ways you could never imagine.
I challenge you to reach out to someone who upsets you. Forgive them. Pity them. Love them. Do something kind for them and expect nothing in return. Find something about them to compliment and admire. Be sacrificial in your love. Be an example of peace. Pay it forward and it will come back to you in ways you could never imagine.
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





Wow Anne...this is so beautiful and so right on! Everything you said is so true and I'm really grateful for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteM
You are so sweet, Anne. It's infectious. So happy to know you.
ReplyDeleteit's so sad and upsetting about VaT. Brings a lot home for me right now, having been in a very similar situation less than a year ago. (On a smaller scale, sure, but PTSD doesn't care how big or small these things are. It's gonna kick your butt just the same.)
ReplyDeleteI wish I couldn't imagine what the students, faculty, friends, family and that whole town are going through right now. I hope that in the midst of their shock and sorrow, they're able to focus on the small little bits of beauty still in the world. That was pretty much the only thing that helped me.
Thank-you, Anne for the potent reminder to take action and do good when something bad happens.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your post and encouragement!
Beautiful post Anne! I agree! It truly is heartbreaking that people harbor so much hatred in their hearts and act out accordingly on innocent people. Life is too short to hold grudges or unforgiveness. My heart is with the victims families of this trajedy. Thanks for being a beautiful example of peace in other's lives!
ReplyDelete