Occasionally I come across a little-known artist whose work speaks to me. This was the case with Dan Marks' paintings. His gallery is his home where all of his paitings are playfully displayed on the walls of his modest but colorful apartment. Quite a few of his paintings are local to the St. Louis area which prompted me to share his work with friends and family in the St. Louis area. Check out his unique take on color and design!
The Artwork of Dan Marks
posted on: February 16, 2005
Occasionally I come across a little-known artist whose work speaks to me. This was the case with Dan Marks' paintings. His gallery is his home where all of his paitings are playfully displayed on the walls of his modest but colorful apartment. Quite a few of his paintings are local to the St. Louis area which prompted me to share his work with friends and family in the St. Louis area. Check out his unique take on color and design!
Popular Posts
-
Last week I received an email from a bride who was feeling a little uneasy about the turn around time on her wedding photos. She had been...
-
Stephanie & Adam were pretty familiar with my work before meeting me because I had already photographed several of their friend's en...
-
When I decided to self-publish the Pricing Workbook for Creatives instead of trying to go through traditional publishers, one of the thing...
-
If I could only do one posed photo during a wedding, I'd want it to be a large group shot of all the guests. After all, celebrating ...
-
"I WISH I COULD DO THAT" Many people talk about how jealous they are when other people travel, but when it comes down to it, ver...
-
It was a dark and stormy day as the wind shook the branches of the trees in Royal Oak, MI. Yet, inside her bungalow home, the bride was ...
-
After I moved to New York city and switched my focus from Wedding & Portrait Photography to Architecture & Interior Photography, I ...
-
"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." — Virginia Woolf ...
-
When I began my book writing research, I was curious how long different parts of the process might take. I really didn't find many pe...
-
Even though I'm no longer a bride, I still keep my eyes and ears open for great wedding resources to help my brides out. There are some...
Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger





Great piece of artwork. I used the painting for an art assignment. I didn't pass it in of course - i used it for a project where we had to write down everything about the art piece. This piece I thought was perfect. It has so many things about it - while being so simple. Classic.
ReplyDeleteHello Anne!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to thank you for the kind words.
I've recently created a website for my art.
www.danielmarksart.com
Thank you again,
Sincerely,
Dan Marks.