posted on: October 31, 2006

You may have noticed that I oh-so-casually added a Wedding Photojournalist Association link to my blog a few days ago but never really mentioned anything about it (because I was too busy thinking about everything I had to do this weekend!) Well, I'm happy to officially announce that I'm now a member of an organization that I have admired for its high photography standards ever since I was a bride.

Here are a few quotes from their website...
"The Wedding Photojournalist Association is a highly screened, critical organization. Less than 5% of wedding photographers out there qualify for membership. Inclusion is based not only on image quality, web site...."
"Leading the way in Wedding Photojournalism, WPJA represents the most discriminating talent around the world technically, creatively and visually. Qualified members hold industry-leading standards, skills and business integrity."
"IMPORTANT NOTE: Membership in the WPJA depends entirely on photographers meeting our high standards for inclusion. One CANNOT simply pay his/her way into the WPJA. We emphasize this is NOT another ad-driven wedding web site."

I can attest to the fact that they have high standards, as I applied once before with my old (and not-so-professional) website and was not accepted. I knew it was a fat chance but I was impatient about waiting for a new website to be finished. However, I was also hopeful that my work would eventually be recognized, since I had already been admired by Beckstead, one... two... three times. (BTW... if you love seeing inspiring and artistic wedding images, you have to check out ALL of the photography on AdmiredbyBeckstead.com... very cool stuff!)

Speaking of websites. Do you remember me mentioning that the one you see now is just a quick fix until I'm able to produce something better? Well... it's NOT finished yet, and it may take a while (with over 50,000 images to look through), but I do have a new flash-based website on the way that features my images (of YOU) in a large, beautiful format. I'm terrible about keeping things hidden, so click on the screenshot below for my work-in-progress sneak peek!! Also, leave a comment and let me know what you think!!!! (However, don't send me an email through the new site because it's not hooked-up yet.)

I promise that the next blog you'll see from me will be new pictures!! I have a TON of work to finish but I just had to share the awesome news!!

6 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Congratulations, Anne! You definitely deserve it! :)

  2. BIG congrats!!

    Also, the site is fantastic! It ran really smoothly and fast and was clean, simple & elegant. It really showcased what you're all about and that's exactly (in my opinion) what a website should do.

    Hey - is that our typewriter?? ;)

    Anyway - I love it!

  3. Thank you ladies!!!!

    Megan.. that IS your typewriter!! I really love that the "N" was stuck down... because that would be just like me to get the N key stuck- with two sets of double Ns in my name.

  4. YAHOOOOOOOSKI!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

  5. That's great, Anne! Beth and I can't wait to book you for our wedding before the flood of offers comes in!

  6. Kris Noorman11:18 PM

    Congratulations, Anne! I love the new site. It looks great. :)


Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger