Leah & Jimmy's Wedding

posted on: April 4, 2006



Leah & Jimmy were in a bind. They had three weeks until their wedding and the "friend of the family" photographer bailed on them at the last minute. Luckily for them, not too many people get married in January, so when they called me, I had the date available. When they told me their wedding was at the Lafayette Grade, I was relieved since I already knew the location and exactly what was possible within the space. We also didn't really get any time to meet before their wedding day since they were busy taking care of those last minute details, so the first time I met Leah & Jimmy was at their wedding! Luckily brides and grooms are easy to spot!! ;-)

This isn't the first couple that's hired me without meeting in person first and I have a pretty good feeling that there's more of this to come. It seems like technology can take the place of that first meeting if it has too. Most of my work is posted online, pricing and packages are easily available or can be emailed, and getting to know my personality is only a phone call away or some people get a sense of who I am through my blog. So, I guess it doesn't surprise me that I'm meeting more brides & grooms for the first time during their engagement session or on their wedding day. It also seems like more and more brides and grooms are very busy and just have a hard time fitting appointments into their schedules. I don't mind saving everyone a little bit of time and as long as they are comfortable, I'm comfortable.



One of the coolest things about Leah & Jimmy's wedding was the very classy addition of a live band called Smiling Faces! I bet 60-70 years ago the Lafayette stage hosted some of the classic big bands of the 30s and 40s, so it was really awesome to see the room filled to the brim with people and music, as it probably was back in the golden age. I really can't say enough about how awesome this band was- very classy, great musicians, awesome tunes, and they kept everyone entertained and on the dance floor all night long - which made my job even easier! Click on any image for a preview of Leah & Jimmy's Wedding day.

0 comments, to add [click here]:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger