Movies Featuring Photographers

posted on: March 4, 2005

If you love photography as much as I do, you seek to find many different ideas and ways of thinking about photography. In my recent quest I decided to poll a few photographers about their favorite movies with photographers as one of the main characters and here is the list that I received. It is definitely a varied list and interpretation of answers to my question, but nonetheless I thought it would be interesting to document the responses and perhaps chisel away at the list as my movie time allows...

Closer
Truth About Cats & Dogs
Blow Up
Bridges of Madison County
The Public Eye
Under Fire
The Photographer
Frankie's House
Rear Window
1 Hour Photo
Rain Man
Love is a Gun
The Four Seasons
Killing Fields
Guinevere
Proof
Funny Face
Pecker
City of God
Peeping Tom
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Reconstruction
Christmas in August
Amator
Chelovek s kinoapparatom
Time Bandits
A Matter of Life and Death
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Apopcalypse Now
Salvador
The Year of Living Dangerously
Stepmom
Where the Heart Is
The Search for One-Eye Jimmy
Kalifornia
Pretty Baby
Paparazzi
Medium Cool
The Magic Box
The Year of Living Dangerously
High Art
The Road to Perdition
Spy Games
The Cameraman
Z
Persona
The Return
Memento
Das Boot
A Girl named Tamiko
Full Metal Jacket
Calendar
Before the Rain
Spiderman
Winterschläfer
The Pillow Book
Zusje
Forgotten Silver
La Fidélité
Lost in Translation
Exposure
Yi Yi
Shooting the Past
The Governess
La Jette
Shadow Magic
Harrison's Flowers

2 comments, to add [click here]:

  1. Hey Annie! Great blog! Have you seen all these? I'm also a photographer from Venezuela currently pursuing an MFA in Photography at SCAD-Atlanta.
    I found your blog while looking for a list of movies featuring photographers and so far, your's the best!
    Best,
    Valentina
    http://vv-c.spaces.live.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valenvitols/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! I'm so glad you found your way here!!! I'm adding you on flickr now!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Ask Anne All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger